• Handle and extensions of auger are lightweight tubing for portability.
• Steel constructed auger bucket and blades for abrasion resistance.
• 4” (102 mm) hole diameter hand auger head for easy dropping of cuttings.
• Depth of 20’ (6.1 m) possible with 36” (914 mm) auger extensions.
• Quick connect couplings.
• Sliding drive hammer consists of 15 pound hammer designed for 20” (508 mm) free fall.
• Cone penetrometer point is attached to a 12” (305 mm) long rod.
• Four 30” (762 mm) E drill rods for extension between cone and sliding drive hammer.
The Portable Dynamic Penetrometer Set is designed to perform penetration testing for evaluation of soil consistency and density. It is ideal for field exploration and for verifying individual footing foundations during construction. The set comprises a hand auger assembly for advancing holes and the dynamic cone penetrometer for shallow in-situ testing.
The auger features a blade diameter of 4” (102 mm) which exceeds the bucket diameter of 3-1/4” (82.6 mm), easily allowing auger cuttings to shake free of the bucket. Both the bucket and blades are constructed of steel for abrasion resistance. Lightweight tubing for the cross handle and extensions to hand auger, up to 20’ (508 mm), make the auger assembly easy to carry.